Wednesday, April 18, 2012

CACTUSS April 2012

Last night I presented at the local SQL Server user group, CACTUSS. Late last week I got a call asking if I could present this week. I was more than happy to jump at the chance. Since I'm presenting at SQL Saturday #107 next weekend in Houston I figured this was a great opportunity to practice my presentation.

SQL Server Amnesia

My topic last night was troubleshooting memory pressure. I covered the basics of internal and external memory pressure. Then I walked through various methods for checking on how SQL Server is using its memory.

I received what I consider to be two excellent comments. First, several folks were furiously taking notes while I rambled on. And second, at the end I got asked to share my scripts. Much better than people throwing tomatoes at me. :-)

CACTUSS News

So the CACTUSS user group is starting to grow up. We have started formalizing our structure and had our first election for President and the board members. I'm happy to say I was voted on to be a board member. Now I guess I gotta start doing some work...

Let's see...for my reign of terror I promise to drop all constraints, use only heaps, and grant sa to all developers.

Mwahahahaha!!!

Oh, and yes, I'm going to post my slides and scripts after SQL Saturday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment