Monday, April 2, 2012

SQL Saturday #107 Houston

SQL Saturday #107 Houston

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Houston SQL Satruday in April. Houston is the first SQL Saturday that I ever attended. This year, I decided to submit some sessions as a presenter. Great news, one of my sessions got accepted. I will be presenting on SQL Server Memory Usage and Pressure.

Of course, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. When I look at the list of speakers there are so many talented people who are also presenting. Oh well, you gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omlette. Now that doesn't mean I want anyone to throw eggs at me.

One thing I'm really excited about is the pre-con session. Kalen Delany is doing a full day session on query plans and performance tuning. When I saw this announcement, I registered immediately. I think I was the third one.

If you need a place to stay, there is a block of rooms reserved at the Airport Hilton for only $79. Normally, this hotel can run into the hundreds, so this is a pretty good deal. The pre-con is being held at the hotel. And, the main conference is close by. Conveinence and a bargain; that's win win.

It constantly amazes me how awesome the SQL Community is. There are loads of great presenters and (mostly) free training availble to all who come. If you have never attended a SQL Saturday, or even if you have, come on out and check out Houston.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Steven, good luck with the presentation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir! How are things in BC?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing good thanks, keeping very busy at work and just waiting for the Winter to end!!!.

    Let me know how it goes, be great to see your slides after the presentation.

    ReplyDelete