Wednesday, May 18, 2016

SQL Saturday #514 Houston Session Files

This past weekend, I had the pleasure of presenting at SQL Saturday #514 in Houston. Aside from the rains, I had a great time learning about SQL Server and seeing some old friends.

I saw several nice sessions by some great community members. Lori Brown discussed how to manage and diagnose your servers. Brent Ozar shared his expert techniques on performance tuning in a couple of different sessions. If you wanted to learn about statistics, Lori Edwards taught you the basics. Perhaps you have been scarred, or scared, by Entity Framework. If so, Richie Rump provided a little therapy.

My session covered the basics of T-SQL Window Functions. If you've never used them before, they are a great way to simplify complex queries and to see details and aggregations at the same time. I had several attendees ask about the demo scripts. So here they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment